- October 12, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
With elegantly simple gameplay, Ticket to Ride can be learned in under 15 minutes. Players collect cards of various types of train cars they then use to claim railway routes in North America. The longer the routes, the more points they earn. Additional points come to those who fulfill Destination Tickets – goal cards that connect distant cities; and to the player who builds the longest continuous route.
“The rules are simple enough to write on a train ticket – each turn you either draw more cards, claim a route, or get additional Destination Tickets,” says Ticket to Ride author, Alan R. Moon. “The tension comes from being forced to balance greed – adding more cards to your hand, and fear – losing a critical route to a competitor.”
CinCity Con reserves the right to modify, update, clarify, or change event rules in the interest of making CinCity Con the best event possible. No fundamental rules changes will be made after
- All games will be played using the Ticket to Ride: USA map (basic game only)
- The tournament will consist of 3 rounds
- Each round will consist of 3 player games
- For the first round, players will be randomly assigned tables
- During the following 2ns and 3 rd round, players will be placed in games with scoring peers
- All players are expected to abide by the CinCity Con Conduct Policy
- CinCity Con Tournament Judges’ and Coordinator’s rulings are final and arguments or poor conduct by players will not be tolerated. CinCity Con reserves the right to remove players from the event or CinCity Con itself with no refunds allowed.
- Points will be awarded based on score each player achieves at the end of each round.
- At the end of the third round, all players scored for each of the three rounds will be totaled, and prizes will be awarded to the first and second place finishers best on most points and second most points scored.
- There will be no ties for position in a round. Ties will be broken in order: most completed tickets (per rulebook), longest continuous route (per rulebook), then fewest unplaced train cars.
- Each round players will have their points earned noted.
- At the end of the third round. Each player’s round points will be totaled.
Venue: Main Hall