- October 11, 2019
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
In Kingdomino, you are a lord seeking new lands in which to expand your kingdom. You must explore all the lands, including wheat fields, lakes, and mountains, in order to spot the best plots, while competing with other lords to acquire them first.
The game uses tiles with two sections, similar to Dominoes. Each turn, each player will select a new domino to connect to their existing kingdom, making sure at least one of its sides connects to a matching terrain type already in play. The order of who picks first depends on which tile was previously chosen, with better tiles forcing players to pick later in the next round. The game ends when each player has completed a 5×5 grid (or failed to do so), and points are counted based on number of connecting tiles and valuable crown symbols.
CinCityCon reserves the right to modify, update, clarify, or change event rules in the interest of making CinCityCon the best event possible. No fundamental rules changes will be made after 10/12/2018.
- All games will be played using the Kingdomino official rules (blue orange)
- The tournament will consist of 4 rounds
- Each round will consist of 4 player games
- For the first round, players will be randomly assigned tables
- During the following 2nd, 3rd and 4th round, players will be placed in games with scoring peers
- All players are expected to abide by the CinCityCon Conduct Policy
- CinCityCon Tournament Judges’ and Coordinator’s rulings are final and arguments or poor conduct by players will not be tolerated. CinCityCon reserves the right to remove players from the event or CinCityCon itself with no refunds allowed.
- Points will be awarded based on score each player achieves at the end of each round.
- At the end of the fourth round, all players scored for each of the four rounds will be totaled, and prizes will be awarded to the first and second place finishers best on most points and second most points scored.
- There will be no ties for position in a round. Ties will be broken in order: most castles in the center (per rulebook), most complete 5 x 5 territory (per rulebook), most “rare” landscapes.
- Each round, players will have their points earned noted.
- At the end of the fourth round. Each player’s round points will be totaled.
Venue: Main Hall